Updates for booking your Influenza Vaccine Appointment
Patients will no longer need to wait for an sms from Blackbutt Doctors Surgery with an appointment link in order to book their Flu Vaccine appointment. You will now be able to book your appointment at any time via the AMS App or online. Anyone booking the 5-64 yrs flu vaccine will need to have one or more of the below listed medical conditions to be eligible for Government funded vaccine.
Eligibility for Influenza Vaccines funded by the National Immunisation Program (NIP):
Annual Influenza vaccination is recommended and NIP-funded for all children 6 months to <5 years and all adults 65 years or over. It is recommended for all people 5 to 65 years of age, but only NIP-funded in specific populations in this age group due to their increased risk of complications from influenza. These populations include:
- All Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people;
- People who have certain medical conditions which increase the risk of influenza disease complications (refer to the table below);
- Pregnant women (during any stage of pregnancy).
The table below outlines medical conditions associated with an increased risk of influenza disease complications and for which individuals are eligible for free vaccination under the NIP*:
*Please refer to The Australian Immunisation Handbook available at immunisationhandbook.health.gov.au for advice on persons who are strongly recommended to receive annual influenza vaccination but not eligible for NIP-funded influenza vaccines.
If your child is between 5-12 years of age, the private influenza vaccine has arrived at Blackbutt Doctors Surgery. The cost of the private vaccine is $10.00 per child.
You can book your child’s appointment online via our AMS App. Follow the below steps to book:
- Open the AMS App or click here to book online via our website.
- Follow the prompts to sign in as an existing patient.
- Click the ‘Appointment Type’ drop down from the menu and select ‘5-12 Years Flu Vaccine’.
- All of the available appointments will then be shown and you can select the day and time of your choice from the list to complete your booking.
- If we have run out of stock, you may reserve a vaccine and you will receive a message once it comes in.
As with all our appointments, please do not attend if you or your child are unwell. Please cancel your appointment and rebook when you and your child are well.