At this stage, only selected at risk and high priority groups are being vaccinated, as the Government begins to roll the vaccine out in a staged approach across the country. The first people to get the vaccine will be those who have the highest risk of being exposed to COVID-19.These people include:
- People working in quarantine facilities
- Healthcare workers working in locations with a higher risk of exposure to COVID-19, such as COVID-19 clinic workers, emergency department workers, NSW Ambulance clinical workforce including patient transport workers, COVID ward workers, critical care workers including support staff and COVID pathology lab staff.
- Make sure that your contact details (mobile phone number and email) are correct and up to date on the AMS App.
- If you don’t have the AMS on your phone, you can download it and set up your account via the Appointments page on our website and by following the prompts to download the app:https://www.blackbuttdoctors.com.au/appointments/
- Blackbutt will contact you directly via SMS or Email when you are eligible to receive the vaccine and we have available stock to administer it at our practice. Please do not contact us to find out when you will be able to receive the vaccine.
- Once you have received the vaccine, you can obtain your vaccination certificate by downloading the Express Plus Medicare App – we will not be printing out and giving these certificates to patients. For more information check out this link: Get ready for your COVID-19 vaccinations – Services Australia
- Review our website and/or Facebook page regularly for the latest information and updates.
For the latest information and updates check out the below link to the NSW Health website including locations of current cases and areas where increased testing has been recommended:
Important patient information regarding changes in billing for TeleHealth appointments.
As of Tuesday the 06/10/2020, we are no longer offering bulk billing TeleHealth for phone appointments.
Telehealth appointments will be the same price as face to face appointments and their Medicare rebates will also be the same.
For more information, please see our updated Practice Fees here.
If you are suffering financial hardship that impacts your ability to access care, please discuss with our doctor.
Well done Newcastle! Great work containing COVID19!
Due to no documented current local spread, from Monday 1st September, Blackbutt Doctors is again able to reduce precautions.
Read on for what has changed:
- Appointments will no longer be limited to 15 minutes.
- Some non urgent tasks, such ear syringing, routine ECG and skin checks, are again being offered.
- We are still offering telehealth, but if you are well, we prefer you do come in.
- However, if you have any respiratory symptoms, fever, are awaiting the results of a COVID test or have been directed to self isolate, please do not come in, use a telehealth appointment.
- Blue and Orange Clinic are operating unchanged.