Practice Receptionist Full-Time Position
We are currently taking applications for a full-time 38 hours per week reception position. The successful applicant will provide high quality reception and secretarial services to patients, doctors and staff at the surgery in a caring, respectful and supportive manner.
Blackbutt Doctors surgery is a large private billing surgery located in New Lambton, a suburb of Newcastle. The practice is located in the Orchardtown Road village above the pharmacy. The practice is family friendly with great nurses and support staff to help our doctors and patients. Our mission statement is to provide a high standard of medical care, compassion, support and healthy life style choices to our patients.
Using best practice, arriving, billing and making appointments for patients. Basic triage and isolation of patients when needed. Know your waiting room. Active team member. Switched on for RACGP standards, compliance with policies and accreditation. Ability to work independently as primary receptionist on Wednesday nights and Saturday mornings. Our Practice is open 6 days a week from 7 am to 6 pm Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, 7 am to 8 pm on Wednesdays and 7 am to 1 pm on Saturdays therefore, the position will suit someone who is flexible and has the capacity to work a variety of shifts including weekdays, weekends and evenings.
- Strong IT skills including office programs
- Previous experience with Best Practice software of similar
- Answer telephone calls in a courteous and professional manner
- Receive and convey messages verbally, electronically and written
- Liaise with patient and their families in a compassionate and professional manner
- Liaise with GPs, other health professionals and their staff
- Make general, nursing, and allied health appointments
- Work both unsupervised and in a team environment
- Fluent in written and spoken English language
- Availability to cover sick leave and annual leave for others
- Willingness to learn and work as a team
- Dependable and reliable in character and possess a strong work ethic.
Experience working as a Medical Receptionist is highly regarded. The person for this role must have commitment, strong dedication, enthusiasm, and great communication skills, ensuring customer service is to the highest standard.
To apply for this position, please send your Cover Letter & resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org